SCO Openserver 6 and Samba

We are running an Openserver 6 machine and I am trying to locate a more current compiled version of Samba (> Samba 3.3). We print to Windows PCs that need to be upgraded from XP to 7. Everything works great in XP but I can't seem to get around the known bug in Samba 3.0.3 when accessing shares on a Windows 7 machine. Does anyone have or know where I can obtain a newer compiled Samba version for SCO Openserver 6. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Jim

I have forwarded your question to Xinuos (SCO). In the meantime, you could connect the printers to your network using ethernet ports instead of serial/parallel/usb.
If your printers are currently set up as local printers using smbclient, just replace the "smbclient" line in the interfaces file with "netcat -p 9100 -h ip_address <$file"

jgt,

Thank you for your response. Yes I know ethernet ports (JetDirects, etc...) are an option, but that would require running quite a few difficult cable runs in an old building, not to mention buying the JetDirects. I know this problem is fixed in newer versions of Samba. I don't have the technical expertise (or compiler for that matter) to compile it myself so I am hoping someone either has a compiled copy or might be willing to compile it for me. Thank you again! Jim

Does this help ?
What versions of Windows client are known to work with Samba?