sblive freebsd support

i just cant find out how can my sblive work on all 100percent on fBSD machine. I have kernel recompiled and sblive works, but allmost all feauters are disabled, i dont get multichannel, and the sound is like from 10$ sound system. please help me finding free driver or help to configure one on my freebsd 4.5 stable. :slight_smile: thx a lot.

Try this section of the FreeBSD Handbook .

If this doesn't help, post again.

device pcm

this option is enabled, like have to be :)But live still work not on all100% if it @least worked on 50% were good:) Cant understand how to enable 2nd output and enable multichannel on live under FreeBSD, now already 4.6-stable. :slight_smile: but anyway thanks. Rereading of handbook helps anyway. Trying to add / configure some new devices and progrms, but maybe i do something wrong because still nothing change.

The pcm driver is a pretty generic driver so chances are you are not going to find a widely available driver that will enable the front and back speakers. Yeah, I know, it bites.

I have a similar problem. I'm using a SoundBlaster Live! and I didn't found yet the mixer which can make use of SBLive's features... Not even bass/treble... There is an alternate driver for SBLive! & FreeBSD available somewhere?

I know there is a company out there that writes custom drivers for various Unices.

A Google Search should get them, or a post to comp.unix.* might as well

the problem is , it is not free :slight_smile:

Well that is true, but its a heck of a deal. If your total system hardware cost is 3-500 bucks (given that a lot of us run the various Unices on what amounts to cast-off systems, for personal use anyway) and the OS and software are free, a 50-100 Dollar (US) driver is pretty cheap.

If you are in a Corporate Environment then 100 Dollars is nothing, and sound probably not that important either.

If you are doing it for a hobby on a "Home" system, its just a part of the cost of the hobby, whether its fuel for a model plane or a faster processor or a custom driver, its all part of the cost of the hobby.