Samba NT vs 2000

Hi,

I have set up Samba on my Unix machine.
I can se the server in the Network on my 2000 and NT machine
but when i try to connect from the 2000 Workstation it says something like "the account can not be used from this machine", when i connect from my NT server the BDC on the network it ask me for the log in and pass and let me in, so that works fine.
Anyone have any suggestions why it dosen't work from the 2000 workstation, the samba version is 2.2.7 .

Hope for help.
Thx

what is in your smb.conf?

this is my conf file, i made it as small as possible

[global]
workgroup = INFOVOX
server string = Samba Server %v

[HOMES]
comment = Hemfolders
path = /home/%u
read only = No
create mask = 0664

the following is very unsecure, but if you want you can try it to trouble shoot;

in your [global] section, add:
secutrity = share

create a section like this:

[pub]
path = /whateverpathyouwant/
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
read only = yes

that should let you in without the need for a valid user name and password.

try adding in your [HOMES]

guest = ok

if you do that then you dont need to add the pub section that i posted, however make sure your login on the NT machine is valid on your UNIX machine or else the path wont work, /home/%u
hope that helps.

Thanks alot,
Now i can get in from my w2k machine,
i will just work on the conf file,
i like all users in the net to be able to access to the UNIX
and get right into their homefolder.

Thanks again!!

i did this
"try adding in your [HOMES]

guest = ok

if you do that then you dont need to add the pub section that i posted, however make sure your login on the NT machine is valid on your UNIX machine or else the path wont work, /home/%u
hope that helps."

No it ask me for username and pass i have an account on the UNIX machine with the same username and pass as on my w2k.
I try to enter the user name and pass when it asks but it won't let me in, suggestions would be GREAT! =)

thx