samba network path not found

Hello

I am new to solaris samba. After configuring samba through swat I can see the the machine listed under windows workgroup computers. when selected it shows the shared directories, But when trying to connect to shares shows a error network path not found.

At the same time solaris network shows workgroup network but no network computers to connect to.

Using windows advanced IP scanner it shows the solaris system as an ftp server and will allow connection to all files and directories listed under solaris login name.

Does your samba server log something when the access to shared directories is denied?

Unable to open new log file log file = /var/samba/log.dell_laptop: No such file or directory 

[2011/09/14 13:07:22, 0, pid=1150, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)] lib/debug.c 625)
Unable to open new log file log file = /var/samba/log. dell  ip address No such file or directory

The dell is the win xp pro sp3 box. These two errors fill the whole log.

Thank you for your time

Is there such a log set /var/samba/log.*, and what are the permissions on them and on the parent directories?

/var/samba/log has multiple log files. log.smbd log.nmbd log.hostname log.swat
there are a few more in the directory.

All permissions from var to log have root permission only.

Do they change for this? I root running the samba daemon? Are there any group permissions? Post 'ls -ld /var//var/samba /var/samba/log /var/samba/log/*' so we can see the accessability. Might have to be more open? Might try making it more open, and see who owns logs, what they say.