SAMBA as Active Directory Domin Controller

Could you please let me know, how to install and configure samba as domain controller like Active Directory (AD Server in Windows Server)?
And how to configure the Window clients and Linux clients through Samba AD Domain Controller.
Note: OS is Ubuntu or CentOS.

Hi,

You'll have to be a bit more specific, what OS is Samba running on. Why aren't you using Open LDAP or something similar?

Regards

Gull04

OS is I Ubuntu or CentOS

Hi,

In that case yuo should be using one of the following; either OpenLDAP or Open DJ.

But if you are determined to use SAMBA you should go here.

Regards

Gull04

Dear I want to know specific commands and configurations.

Plz reply precisely .

Hi,

Your response isn't the way to get help here, you should show us what yiou have tried and what if any problems you are having.

For us to provide specifice commands, we would need a significant amount of information like the setup of your DNS, whether DHCP is used, what your work groups are called and many other things.

I have sent you a link to sufficiently detailed instructions to get you started, so if you use that and report when you have a problem - we will be able to assist you more.

Regards

Gull04

Yes sir
Domain is. Tech.edu

No DHCP Server.
DNS is Tech.edu.
( already configured)

Note:. DHCP I can configure myself along with DNS server.

Hi,

This is probably homework or an assignment - given that the TLD is .edu.

There are additional rules for assistance with homework and this should be posted in the correct forum - can a moderator please move this thread to the correct forum.

Regards

Gull04

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

1 Like