Runtime library search order on AIX

If I understand correctly, the variables LIBPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH have a higher priority than the argument to the linker -blibpath. I'm looking for how to tell the loader to search for libraries along the paths prescribed during compilation (that is, -blibpath or some other). On linux, for example, there is -rpath, which has priority higher than variables. I'm looking for an analog on AIX.

I'm also looking for where the priority of paths for finding libraries on AIX is clearly described.

'if i understand correctly ....' please provide a url to the information that led you to that conclusion.
can you provide more/specific detail(s) - ie: show the actual command line used for compilation
are you having specific issues? if yes, provide more detail.

as for specifics, search the IBM documentation, for example I found the following .... https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/system/files/inline-files/czx40710_0.pdf
where LIBPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are mentioned .

it is 'generally' accepted that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is used prior to specific -L<.....> pathnames.

tks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.