hi ,

i need to run a parallel program .

for example;

program1

{
array[]=" the second program should called here : program 2"

the execution should continue 

}

the 2nd program should recieve an array of information as argument and it should process parallel with program 1.

parallel execution - in a single processor system it is only pseudo parallelism that can be guaranteed and not the concurrent execution (concurreny is just a perception)

I dont find anything difficult or setback in making use of fork to split functionalities and proceed thereby

I don't want the control to return back to the parent process. The child process should execute parallely with parent process.

According to fork definition, a child process is created which is the duplicate of parent process's program space. so, i don't think so fork will solve this problem

I don't think that you are getting what matrixmadhan is trying to say here. When you fork, you can actually carry out two different tasks. One in the child and one in the parent.
The tasks will execute concurrently. If you have multiple processors, the processes may execute on different processors.

<array[]=" the second program should called here : program 2">

what are you expecting here, should the second program return you multiple values, to fill the array ?

thats is not possible in a c program.
regarding concurrent processing ( or pseudo concurrency ) you can use fork for sure.

and programming for parallel processing on a system having multiple processor would be interesting tho. Do let me know if you find out how you can force your process to run on a particular processor. for eg, parent running on processor 1 and child on 2.