Run Webmin on Cygwin

Hello, I was wondering how i would download Webmin and install it on Cygwin. Can you install basically any linux program on cygwin and have it run or is it differet?

Thanks for your help.

depends. cygwin happens to be supported: About | Webmin (sroll to the bottom)

when i first started with linux i used cygwin, its a great tool. now i just have it running to check that everything else is running. however i got tired of it mangling my config files, so i dont use it to configure anything anymore.

how would I install it on cygwin, since windows uses .exe?

i dont really know. see the webmin documentation. they say they support it, so its feasable that they do provide some sort of information on how to install it.

Why don't you try to use the exe version first to see what will happen?

all you have to do to install it is install active perl and install cygwin, then follow the installation instruction included with the webmin download. since webmin runs completly off of perl, u dont have to convert anything. also, webmin knows how to read .exe files and the windows FS. for example instead of /home/stuff, i could type E:\programs\cygwin\home\stuff

bye

So you got it. It wasn't so bad, was it? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: