Run perl script from Unix script

Hello Guys

I have to run a perl script from unix one

The reason for this is I have to connect to remote server and then execute the perl script.
In unix script I am able to connect to remote server without any password via ssh

ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications publickey' -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa

I dont know the eqivalent code in perl

so I am trying via unix script to connect the remote server and execute the perl script

My code is below

#!/usr/bin/ksh
ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications publickey' -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa us320 <<EOF;
perl Balancing.pl m_SBD_GRD_0277_GP_VTL_PORT_CNTR_to_WRHS_STG;
if [$? = 0]
then
echo executed successfully;
else 
exit 
fi
EOF

Its result fine but getting warning like
stty: : No such device or address

So please let me know the equivalent remote connection in perl or how to avoid this warning

ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications publickey' -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa "perl /Path/of/the/Perl/file/Balancing.pl m_SBD_GRD_0277_GP_VTL_PORT_CNTR_to_WRHS_STG"
1 Like

Or use the Net::SSH module to make the connection (requires publickey be set up, but you have that.)

1 Like

Thanks a lot to both of you but when I run

ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications publickey' -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa us320 "perl Balancing.pl $1"

its giving

sqlplus not found 

But the same when I run like this

ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications publickey' -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa us320 <<EOF;
echo $1
perl Balancing.pl $1

its working fine

Please let me know how its so

In the first case, the Perl program is unable to "see" the environment variables of the remote server; in the second case it is.

tyler_durden

1 Like

Thanks Tyler ..
So is there any way to resolve the same?