rsync

I'm trying to use rsync to sync some data from my windows laptop to my linux openSUSE home sytem using cwRsync.

The process has always worked until I got a new laptop and more or less at the same time decided to rebuild my linux box.

on linux

rsync --version
rsync version 3.0.7 protocol version 30

on windows

rsync --version
rsync version 3.0.3 protocol version 30

The directories like windows and others that are there from the original build work fine, but the directories that I have created with my domain user can not be copied and I'm getting error

rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/home/username/C/Utils/wget" failed: Permission denied (13)

That makes sense and is related to the fact that rsync creates the Utils directory on linux with only the D bit set, so no rwx right for user, group or other at all. I understand this is part of rsync and should be fine but guess that the permissions needs to be changed after the creation of that directory so the files itself can be handled as well.

Directory creation itself via shell with the account used for rsync is working.

Tried various things but not sure why this is happening or what I can do to overcome this issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Is the Utils dir writable and is there a wget dir in there and is it writable?

The Utils directory is not but was created by rsync in the same session. That is the base of the problem. The wget is at the time of this error being created. I understand why that does not work but not why the Utils directory is created with this Directory flag bit only