rsync question...

hi all,

i didnt know where to place the question on this site but seen as though it relates to a script i have done so here...

my issue is this...

i have 2 servers.

On server 1 (master) I have a structure such as /home/test/folder1,/home/test/folder2 and /home/test/folder3.

On server 2 I have the same structure.

However on server 2, I run rsync to fetch the root folder 'test' from server 1 and update an exclude file with paths test/folder1/fileA, test/folder1/fileA,...

When I run rsync on server 2, the verbose shows it pulling files from 'test/XXX' etc...however what I see each time I run rsync is that all files keep being copied across instead of the latest files from each of folder1,folder2 and folder3 despite me supplying an exclude file....:mad:

I have supplied an exclude-from command to the rsync command but I cant seem to prevent rsync from fetching every file each time the rsync command runs (configured to run every min).:confused:

Do I need to change the exclude-from command to be a specific path? such as /home/test/folder1/fileA* etc instead of test/folder1/fileA etc?

Any help appreciated.

rsync command:
rsync --exclude-from=</pathtofile> ....