RHEL5 xdmcp not working for windows 7

I am running a RHEL5 box and I have xdmcp up and running. I want the hostname of this box showing up only in the xdmcp choosers of certain specific systems, and in RHEL5 using gdm, it appears the only way to prevent the name from appearing in all xdmcp choosers is to use the hosts.allow file. This box is going to have some of my users logging in from their home computers and through DHCP connections, so I'd like to use hostnames rather than IP addresses in hosts.allow. This works fine for my other linux boxes and my windows xp boxes, but for some reason, it fails for my windows7 boxes. It fails out with 'Fatal Error: Manager Unwilling' when I try to use exceed (an X server for Windows) to establish an xdmcp connection. If I use the IP address of a windows7 box, it works fine, but just not the hostname. I thought it might be a name resolution problem, and since nslookup works, I tried setting dns first in my nssswitch.conf, but that didn't help. I've been googling for hours, but to no avail. Anybody have any ideas?