Restvg does not assign the correct PP size to volume group

hello, i am running an AIX6.1 machine and i am trying to restore a volume group that i backed up using

mkvgdata 

command from another server. although i checked file .data and i make sure that PP size for this volume group is 128, when i run

restvg 

command to restore it, it fails because it runs out of resources. when i check the PP size of the volume group that is created i notice that the size of it is 2048. i tried to run the command using -P flag to force it to create the volume group with 128 PP size but it doesnt make any difference. why it creates the volume group with different PP size and how can i restore it with the desired PP size? thank you

Which resource is it running out of? It is PPs, total space, PVs, unable to keep mirrors, etc.?

If the disks are larger and/or there are more of them, then the creation of the volume group may automatically adjust the PP size to suit to keep within the total PP limit for the volume group.

With the question of mirrors, I have a server with local disk and therefore we have AIX LV mirrors. The DR server has a single large SAN disk and therefore no mirrors are required so it is quite complex to create the information file to run restvg with but not to try to create the mirrors. Could this be the problem?

Could you post your mkvgdata command, the savevg command and the output you get from your restvg command in CODE tags please? Personally, I just remove /tmp/vgdata and run savevg and mkvgdata is called automatically.

Thanks,
Robin

This thread has been moved to the AIX forum.