Resource Group Monitoring

Hi,

I have a requirement to monitor the HACMP Resource Groups. At present in my environment, if the Resource Groups fail over from preferred node to Secondary node we dont get notification.

Can some one help me in creating a scrript. I have more than one RG online. (Max 4 Resource Groups in cluster; Out of which 2 or 3 Resource Groups would be in Primary node and the remaining in secondary node)

Have a look at the "clstat" program. It can be run continuously or as a snapshot and should tell you everything you want to know.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

With current PowerHA versions you probably do not write scripts to monitor a resource as in many cases the cluster can do this for you already. You may read up in the cluster docs how custom and default monitoring works.

However, to just send a notification on RG move you may simply add a line or two to your start/stop script sending you an email. Sth. like

print "Clusteroperation on $(/usr/es/sbin/cluster/utilities/get_local_nodename)" | mail -s "Check Cluster" you@yourdomain