Required libs to compile libXft

Hello. I am looking for all the necessary packages required to be able to compile libXft.

I tried to compile libXft-2.1.8.2$ and the error message was:

checking for XRENDER... checking for XRENDER... checking for X... no
checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h usability... no
checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h presence... no
checking for X11/extensions/Xrender.h... no
configure: error: Xrender.h not found.

Downloaded libXrender-0.9.0.2 and the error messages when trying to compile it was:

checking for X... configure: error: Package requirements (x11) were not met:

No package 'x11' found

Finally, downloaded libX11-1.0.0 and when trying to compile it, configure outputted:

checking for BIGREQS... configure: error: Package requirements (bigreqsproto) were not met:

No package 'bigreqsproto' found

So my questions here are:

• 1) Is there a place that shows the dependency tree of required packages necessary to build Xorg, that I can use to infer the necessary ones to compile libXft.
  • 2) A link to a place where I can download these packages of compatible versions.

I say that because all of this will be of no use if I keep downloading wrong versions that will not provide all the functions, variables or whatever that are necessary for another a package. It might pass the configure stage, but will broke on the make stage complaining 3) It's going to be a hell of a work, isn't ?

Thanks for tyour time.

I let you search as it seems to be an old version, but I installed more than a year ago but I forgot what for and it was a prereq for what I needed, and for this package libXft-2.3.2-1 had these prereq:

libX11-1.6.3-1
libxcb-1.12-1
libXrender-0.9.9-1
fontconfig-2.11.95-2
expat-2.2.6-1
freetype2-2.4.4-3
zlib-1.2.11-1

Some of these packages may have their own prereqs, not sure but remembered I spent an evening because of dependancies issues...
But more important, you havent mentionned your architecture, OS and version this may have quite an impact on what to be installed
( above was for AIX v7)

1 Like