Replace missing standard folders from home directories.

Hi, I want to develop a script to replace missing folders from home directories. These may have been deleted by the user. A standard home directory will have these folders in it and nothing else:

Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Library, Movies, Music, Pictures, Public, Sites

I also want to move anything that is not one of the standard folders listed here from the root of the home directory into ~user/Documents/ and not overwrite anything there, perhaps by appending a date or something to the file name.

If a folder is missing from the home directory, I want to replace it with one from: /System/Library/User\ Template/English.lproj/ where exists the folders used to create home directories. Then we need to change ownership so that it belongs to the user and not root.

Also, assume that every home directory name is the same as the userid, Liza Jane has userid 'janel' and her home directory is /Users/Students/janel

for user in /Users/Students/* ; do
#here is where I want to replace missing folders for example:
cp -R /System/Library/User\ Template/English.lproj/Sites $user/
chown -R $user $user/Sites
# and move anything non-standard into $user/Documents/
done
exit

Any advice would sure be appreciated.

fix_student()
(
    user=$1
    cd /Users/Students/$user || return
    dirlist='Desktop  Documents  Downloads
            Library  Movies  Music  Pictures
            Public Sites'
    for dir in $dirlist
    do
      [ -d "$dir" ] || cp -R "/System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Sites/$dir" .
    done
    chown -R "$user" */
)

for user in /Users/Students/*
do
   fix_student "$user"
done

(And fire whoever created a directory with a space in its name!)

hope below can help you some

for i in Desktop  Documents  Downloads  Library  Movies  Music  Pictures  Public  Sites
do
	if ! [ -e $i ]
	then 
		mkdir $i
	fi
done
for i in *
do
	if [ -f $i ]
	then
		cp $i Documents
		rm $i
	fi
done

Thanks to both of you for the code examples. Is very helpful to see different approaches to this. In regard to spaces in directory names, this is OS X and they are very liberal with using spaces in file and folder names.