Rename network interface

Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some help.
I'm looking for the way to rename the network interfaces for Solaris 10. Got a server with 2 network cards (say "igb0" and "igb1") and there were some reasons that I have to swap the pci slots for those cards. However, after I did that, Solaris 10 seems to detect them as new cards and created new names "igb2" and "igb3", which basically screwed up my network settings.

I prefer to keep my network settings so been trying to find out the way to rename them back to "igb0" and "igb1".

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

The dladm Command - Oracle Solaris Administration: Network Interfaces and Network Virtualization ?
Network Devices and Datalink Names - Oracle Solaris Administration: Network Interfaces and Network Virtualization ?

I saw the page about dladm, but for some reasons, some of those sub-commands are not available on my server (i.e. rename-link, show-phys, ...)

The obvious reason is you are running Solaris 10 while the link is about Solaris 11, only with which arbitrary interface renaming is possible.

With Solaris 10, the interface prefix is always the one of the underlying driver. The suffix reflects the order of interface detection by the OS and stays that way unless reset.

To reset this ordering, the simplest and more secure way is probably to remove both NICs and clear the device mapping (devfsadm -c), then install the first card you want to be named igb0, reboot, run devfsadm and finally repeat the operation with the second card.