removing first bit from the word

Hello,

I have a code like this :

pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount] = realloc(pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount], (usLen+strlen(CountryName)+4));
memset(pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount], 0, (usLen+strlen(CountryName)+4)); strncpy((char *)pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount], CityName, strlen(CityName)) strcat(pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount], ","); strcat(pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount], CountryName);

This displays:
CityName, CountryName like below:
^PCERFONTAINE,^PFRANCE
^PFERRIE-LA-PETITE, ^PFRANCE
^PQUIELON, ^PFRANCE
^PESMES, ^PFRANCE

I would like to remove the first bit "^P" and display it....

How do i do it???

Thankx
Jazz

Could you show a little more context for that code? And while you're at it, add linebreaks and keep it inside [ code ] [ /code ] tags like this:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  printf("Hello World!\n");
  return(0);
}

please.

This is much easier to read than

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("Hello World!\n"); return(0); }

Not sure why you're using the memset, and strcpy,strcat thing. Nor can I tell why you have an undisplayable char at the front of each string, although I'm pretty sure that those chars are prepended to the beginning of CityName & CountryName prior to the code you show here. But back to my point, why aren't you just using sprintf to do this? Kind of like this:

pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount] = realloc(pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount], (usLen+strlen(CountryName)+4));

sprintf(pstSimPOIInfo[uiI].ppcName[ucCount],
"%s,%s",
CityName,
CountryName);

The OP put up another post after this - my take is that he doesn't know very much about C and has been asked to fix somebody else's mess. You'll notice there is a missing semi-colon in the post as well.

What he wanted was a way to offset by one byte that starting point of strcat & strcpy source string.