Removing Disk from SVM

Hi All,

I have to remove the disk from SVM.

Kindly guide me or suggest me some link where in I can steps to remove SVM from Solaris 10 .Also I have one metaset which require deletion.

Thanks in anticipation!

Experts

Is it okay if I use metaclear -a to clear all the volumes? As I said in above post I do have one metaset , will it be ok to run metaclear -a in the above case also :confused:?

Kindly suggest

please read here:
Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide - Sun Microsystems

Thanks for the link Duke!

However i just have small concern, that is to do with metaset

i removed the volume whcih was used in metaet with below command

#metaset �s pretest �f �d d150

Volume was deleted however once I am trying to remove the metaset as below

# metaset �s pretest -d �h unixtest

i am getting foll error
metaset: unixtest: pretest: unable to delete set, it still has drives

What does metastat show?

Please see the output from metastat, volume which was part of metaset is not listing however i am unable to delete the same

metaclear -a will tear down all local metadevices and host spare pools on the system.

have you attempted to do this?

No I have not as I was not sure about the consequences !

should i try ?

if your intent is to remove all metadevices then yes.

Thanks

I tried clearing the volume with metaclear �a , however I believe its only going to work on unmounted volumes.

Root is mount on d10 and var is mount on d30 as I cant take this file system offline , can you please suggest as what need to be done?

Please see the output of df

And metastat output as foll

When i tried to execute metaclear -a i am getting below error

metaclear: unixtest: d30: metadevice is open

Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide

this article is very clear and should take you down the right path. sun has some of the better documentation out there so use this to your advantage.

you will want to run metaroot on root slice, init 6, metaclear -r d10 and then metaclear d11. do the same for /var just not the metaroot.

make sure you check /etc/system and /etc/vfstab. you'll need to clean up vfstab.