Remove duplicate files

Hi,

In a directory, e.g. ~/corpus is a lot of files and subdirectories. Some of the files are named:

12345___PP___0902___AA.txt
12346___PP___0902___AA. txt
12347___PP___0902___AA. txt

The amount of files varies. I need to keep the highest (12347___PP___0902___AA. txt) and remove others in a new dir. Could you help me? Is there any script?
Thank you for your helping in advance.

Off the top of my head, test before using in the real world!!

latest=0;
for i in $(find ~/corpus -name \*___PP___0902___AA. txt); do
    current=$(echo $(basename $1) \ cut -d_ -f1) 
    if [ $current -lt $latest ] ; then
        #rm $i
        echo we would delete $i" # I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS CODE
    else
        latest=$current
    fi
done

thanks for the reply! Is that a bash? Sorry I am new in linux.
Can I replace *___PP___0902___AA. txt with *.txt because there are file names named

12345___PP___0902___AA.txt
12346___PP___0902___AA. txt
12347___PP___0902___AA. txt
12345___PP___0903___AA.txt
12346___PP___0903___AA. txt
12347___PP___0903___AA. txt

and another question. If I need the file with the smallest ID?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, it's bash.
You could certainly use \*.txt in the find command
If you need to build a list of not the highest or lowest you could use an array or a temp file and set the first to be both highest and lowest
The rm command should be replaced writing the names of the files to be moved to your array/temp file
Then post process with a mv command for everything in the array / temp file , possibly recreating any directory structure underneath with a mkdir -p $new_dir/$(basenaname $i)

I am sorry but it does not work. I can not run it.

dupl.sh: line 8: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
dupl.sh: line 13: syntax error: unexpected end of file
latest=0;
back_up="$HOME/backup" # or whatever makes sense for your use case
 for i in $(find ~/corpus -name \*.txt); do     current=$(echo $(basename $1) \ cut -d_ -f1)      if [ $current -lt $latest ] ; then
        if [ ! -d $back_up/$(dirname $i) ] ; then
            #mkdir -p $back_up/$(dirname $i)
            echo "We would have created the $back_up/$(dirname $i) directory"         fi
        # mv $i $back_up/$(dirname $i)         echo "We would have moved $i to $back_up/$(dirname $i)" # I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS CODE     else         latest=$current     fi done

Strangely enough, untested stream of conciousness code doesn't work, fortunately the parser explained why it baulked, there was a terminating quote on a string with no opening quote.
Try the above and then modify as outlined