remote sybase connection and php error.

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to a remote sybase database server (sitting on windows) from my freebsd apache webserver.
My Webserver has installed;

Apache2.0
PHP 4.3.8
Freetds with ODBC enables ( tsql works but isql doesnt )
unixODBC
syabse-ocsd

When i connect with tsql from command line, i am able to connect to my remote server. When i try to connect with isql i get this:

/usr/local/bin/isql -v my_remote_ip username password
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Then i also wrote a php script to connec to the sybase server, my script looks like this:

<?php
echo "hi";
$lnk=sybase_connect('ip_address:5000','username','password') or die
("no luck chuck!");
echo "connected<br>";
sybase_close($lnk);
?>

BUt whenever i try to connect with it, i get this error:

hi
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sybase_connect() in /htdocs/test/sybase_conn.php on line 3

Now, i got the sybase_ct.so file after i set php --with-sybase-ct=shared, usr/local .
Now in php.ini, i have the following lines:

extension = sybase_ct.so
extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/"
sybase.interface_file = "/usr/local/sybase/interfaces"

I read it up somewhere that i need to log in as webserver user: nobody and get connected with isql before it works. I tried that but i got the same error message as i get when i am connected as root:

/usr/local/bin/isql -v my_remote_ip username password
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I am really short of ideas, i need help on a way to effect my php connection successfully.

Lealyz.

Please read the rules - note # 4 about duplicate postings - you will not get an answer quicker doing this but will tend to upset the moderators.

Please post the versions of the other software :

sybase database server
windows
Freetds with ODBC

Also, try this:

Test SQL Server's connections: You can verify that SQL Server is accepting connections using telnet. In a command window, type the following:
telnet <sql server name or ip address> 1433

If you get an error message such as "Could not open a connection to host on port 1433: Connect Failed..." then you should open the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and check the server and port setting. This problem can also be caused by a firewall or if the SQL Server service has been stopped unexpectedly. If you get a blank screen, it means that SQL Server is accepting incoming connections.

And see PHPBuilder.com tutorial on PHP - note the comments about versions and Sybase.

i will delete the other posts as i can or refer to other board admins.

Please read the FAQ again and take note of it.

RTM;

My Freetds version is;
freetds-0.62.3.

Windows is
Windows 2000 Server

Sybase is
Sybase SQL version 10

The unixODBC i installed from ports is unixODBC-2.2.9.
The sybase-ocsd i installed from ports is sybase-ocsd-10.0.4

NB: I am able to connect sucessfully on "telnet ip_address 5000"

lealyz