Remote printing from Linux to AIX

Hello,

I am trying to setup remote printing from a Linux machine (Red Hat 5.3) to an AIX machine (AIX 5.3). Remote printing for "normal" print jobs is working out OK, but I'm having trouble with some AIX printers that have a user defined backend.

I turned on logging for lpd on the AIX machine. When lpd submits the job using enq, it includes the option "-fl". From the lpd debug log:

doit: exec enq cmd=[/usr/bin/enq -Plpd_test -r -tsbaker@MMIDS2.mmllc.moneymailer.com -Zsbaker@mmids2 -N1 -Tjobt_txt -o-fl /var/spool/lpd/dfA752MMIDS2.mmllc.mo.12416
39858.1364128 ].

I'm thinking it's a problem on the Linux side, because when I print from another AIX machine, there is no "-fl" included:

doit: exec enq cmd=[/usr/bin/enq -Plpd_test -r -tsbaker@venus -Zsbaker@venus -N1 -T/etc/motd /var/spool/lpd/dfA045venus.1241640013.1413176 ].

The "-fl" flag is getting passed to our backend process, which already has a -f option being supplied so it's failing. I can't find why/where the "-o-fl" is being submitted to enq, either on the Linux or AIX side. I can't seem to get detailed logging on the Linux side.

Any ideas on why/where this is coming from?

Thanks,

Sean.