Remote connections unable after power falls

Hi everyone:
I have a server used for testing running FreeBSD, last weekend we had power cuts in my job and our server was constantly rebooting.

since then the network connections are very slow, it's almost impossible establish a remote connection with the server, however running any application from local seems okay.

fsck doesn't report anything wrong, /var/log/messages doesn't contain something strange.

I had a similar trouble two years ago and the solution for that case was reinstalling everything

Does anyone have experience with this type of troubles?

thanks in advance

if this is 100 Mbits/sec Ethernet possible that the network ports are set to auto-negotiate and that they have dropped to half-duplex. If your network support verify this you may need to agree a speed and hard set the network ports and the servers to match, then cold start the lot ensuring that the network comes up first. The issue can also happen between network components not just DTEs.

Take a look at the /etc/resolv.conf. Do you have any dns servers? I can't exactly remember, but I have already have a headache with this kind of problem. What I clearly remember that it was incorrect DNS settings, and my FreeBSD doesn't show me any kind of errors.