remote connection

Hi:
Can i access my Linux Box from a remote machine, Login and Run a program(eg: netscape) in a particular display number.
Assuming i do not have XServer running in my machine
Appreciate the help
Thanks,
Preetham.

Running Netscape without X is gonna be a tough one to pull off.

I have used TightVNC with success to connect from Win32 to Unix and vice versa. TightVNC is somewhat like PCAnywhere and Windows Terminal Server/Citrix.

I have used Xnvc, however, i have not been successful in setting it run when the system boots up. I am using Redhat7.2
From what i understand from Xvnc, i can run them in two modes.
Correct me if i am wrong

1. I login at the Linux box, start vncserver at a display, run a program in the display. I can then view this program from a remote machine by connecting via a vncviewer. However, i cannot login through my vnc client.
  2. Have Xvnc start at bootup time, connect from a remote machine using a vncviewer. Doing so should open a new login.
    Thanks,
    Preetham.

>I have used TightVNC with success to connect from Win32 to >Unix and vice versa. TightVNC is somewhat like PCAnywhere >and Windows Terminal Server/Citrix.[/b]
[/quote]

Huh?

Wouldn't the VNC viewer be the client? I am confused.

Why not run X on your machine? there is xservers for windows if thats your problem?

/Peter

I use VNC on my WindowsME box on my LAN, then I simply access it with Netscape; something to the effect of:

http://WinME.domain.com:5800/

And the display I get is the Windows display!

I've done the same in FreeBSD!

I started it on one box, then from the other box did something very similar to the line above and accessed the FreeBSD box from my FreeBSD server using Netscape!!!

:cool: VERY COOL :cool: