regarding logs

Hi ,

I am running an application on my windows and it logs are generated at /var/logs and for this i have to go this location and then do tail -f , Is there any command you can advise me so that when I execute this command at this location that logs get displayed fully and as the application runs those logs get refreshed , basically i want to see the full logs in putty itself..?:wall:

So you want to establish a full read on a file, while other threads may still be writing to it?

The tail -f command will only start from a set distance of the original file, and then page down from there, skipping the first part of the file. You could use a pager utility like 'less' (or 'less -N' for line numbers) and then optionally force your way downward via [Ctrl]+G (it uses vi commands). It also lets you jump all the way back to the first line...

Thanks, please could you also tell the commands..!!

He wrote it already, read again, try it and tell if it works or not. If it works it would be nice of you to press "thanks" at curleb's post. Need more instructions?