refreshing inetd

Hi

I have a question, what is the purpose of this command and what will it do

"refresh -s inetd"

Thanks in Advance
Swaraj

Since I'm mostly a Solaris SA, I don't know what the refresh command does but it seems to me that if you check the man page for refresh, you will find it tells the -s service (in this case inetd) to re-read it's configuration file and/or restart.

Next time post the OS/version along with your question. It helps.

aye, refresh in HPUX has a totally different function, merely a window refresh...

In HPUX we use inetd -c to re-read the /etc/inetd.conf file....

man pages are a boon for anyone who needs to know what a command does... provided you know the OS.

Hi all

Thanks for the responses, i use the OS AIX 5.1, why am i asking this question is, we have MQ Series running on this machine where a queue manager is configured for a port, Due to a disk space problem the Queue Manager process got hanged and the port was not binding when restarted. Our Network Engineers did some thing and it started to work again which they are not ready to disclose. (After all what are they going to achieve with that ?) So i was doing some investigations as of what has been done and heard from someone that refreshing the inetd would release the port and make to work again. Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks
Swaraj