referenced symbol not found, how to solve?

while trying to execute an application, i encountered thefollowing error:

ld.so.1: myApplication : fatal: relocation error: file /opt/oracle/oradb/lib/libHotDB50.so: symbol sqlcxt: referenced symbol not found

my questions :

1) what is relocation error?

2) why this error occur?

3) how to solve?

thanks a lot and have a nice day.

First of all check that your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment is set properly , if it's ok also check for essential patches installation in solaris.
Rgrds,
Nikk

This may help you with your first two questions - realize the error can be given on many different applications under different circumstances. This is just so you get a better understanding.

Search the page for relocation - Sun docs - relocation error

As far as your 3rd question, Nikk answered that well in check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. That would be the first thing to look at.

Thanks RTM and nikk for your answer.

I am deadly sure that I have checked my LD_LIBRARY_PATH that it includes the path to "/opt/oracle/oradb/lib/libHotDB50.so", where the error came from.

I verified this by doing the "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH".

Now, it said "symbol sqlcxt: referenced symbol not found "

Please tell me where is this sqlcxt?

Is this problem because of I did not include the library path to this "sqlcxt"?

I really do not know what and where this "sqlcxt" is. If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thank you very much and have a nice day

If you have verified that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correct then it may be a problem with the Oracle program/application you are attempting to run. You will note that the explaination in the link for relocation error I provided gives both cause and action items.

This may be a problem with the program/application or a patch on the OS. Try reading the information in ORAFAQ.net - sqlcxt error which should give you some idea of how to fix it by adding options to your compile - you will need to read all the responses as I'm not sure which is the most appropriate for your situation (I'm not a Oracle DBA). This problem seems to be an common issue with Oracle and Solaris.