Reduce the space every four hours

Hi Team,

Please help me in shell script, I have a some file in Linux which I want to reduce the space every 4 hours in the form of ZIP move to other location with the help of Shell Script using with with current date. Can you please help me.

Regards,
Suhail

Welcome to the forum.

Chances are good people in here can and will help provided they knew what you are talking about.

Please become accustomed to provide decent context info of your problem.

It is always helpful to carefully and detailedly phrase a request, and to support it with system info like OS and shell, related environment (variables, options), preferred tools, adequate (representative) sample input and desired output data and the logics connecting the two including your own attempts at a solution, and, if existent, system (error) messages verbatim, to avoid ambiguities and keep people from guessing.

No Sir I don't have any code can you please help me

Welcome frsuhail001,

I have a few to questions pose in response first:-

• What have you tried so far?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)

Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all, and you need to show us where you are getting stuck. We might just suggest something that destroys critical data, so we need to know what you have tried to see what we can suggest to correct/improve it.

Thanks, in advance,
Robin