redhat

hello people i just installed redhat, everything seemes to be fine, but when i start it, it boots up normally and starts firstboot or whatever, then it opens something, i can move the mouse for a while(thats all i see.. first the X then an arrow..) but then the whole computer freezes.. i think the problem is with XF86Config, but what can i use to edit it and how do i stop redhat to boot into graphics mode?
thanx anyways

Your screen freezes. Does Ctrl-Alt-F2 switches you to a command line? If you do then log in as root and edit /etc/inittab according to

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/ref-guide/s1-boot-init-shutdown-sysv.html

and change default runlevel to 3.

everything freezez, theres no altctrlF1 or F2 or anything, i need to know a way to boot into non-0graphical mode 1st.. (switching the runlevel before login) hmm.. maybe if i boot into single user mode thingy or something.. ill try... also ill check out that link

You could also insert the installation disk, and when it says
boot:
type in
linux rescue
at this point it will boot into repair mode, then it will mount your current root file system under /mnt/deviceimage, from this point you can

chroot /mnt/deviceimage

Now you can alter the config files you need to alter to get everything running, then save changes and reboot.