Redhat Linux?

Hi,

I use linux and it is a great OS, I use Redhat Linux 9 and I was wondering are they going to update 9 or they'll be leaving that to the fedora project?

I would like a stable linux distro.

Thanks

-n

Seems like they will terminate RHL in favour of Fedora as you can't even find the RH9 product page on redhat.com anymore.

I believe Linux isn't free anymore, I guess I'll be moving to FreeBSD or Slackware.

Any recommendation on which Free Linux Distro would be good for a production environment?

Thanks,
-n

Linux not free anymore? I decline to agree.

RH's move from RHL->Fedora is a step to make it more community-driven and less proprietary.

And Debian has always remained free.

Check out this thread regarding Red Hats announcement regarding the Fedora Project. There are a couple of links that explain Red Hats new approach.

Linux wont cease being free anytime in the near future. As for RedHat, the fedora project is the new name for the same old red hat linux, they are using this to get the community more involved, and to sell more copies of red hat enterprise linux.

hi,
can anyone tell , how to install linux or redhat ,i wnat to use window os ?

thanks,
koksam

you can install it easily!can you speak Chinese?I CAN TELL YOU!

koksam.. can you explain in better detail what you want? You say linux or redhat, but these are the same thing. Then you say you want to use a window os. Do you mean have both on one machine?

If you just want to install redhat, maybe this or something else on redhat's website will help.

Red Hat 9 it's quite easy to install, you don't really need a step by step guide.
Just insert the first CD in your CD rom drive and restart the machine, then follow the on-screen instruction.
45 min. and you will be up and running!