Redhat Linux - Postfix problem

We have a redhat linux el4 and used as a mail server.We configured postfix.all r working fine.we got a problem for a particular user when he tries to open his mailbox and the error is mentioned below:

ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: Internal error occured. Error report written to server log. [2008-07-25 11:59:14]

When i checked the server log for the user,it says,the file is not in mbox format.

how can i make the file to mbox format.kindlu give me the steps for converting the file to mbox format.

With Regards,

Ramji

Depends what format it's in. Also, what IMAP server are you using? Probably it can read some different mailbox formats if you configure it correctly (wild guess, user's mailbox is in maildir format -- that would be signified by having a directory with the subdirectories new, tmp, and cur).

what r the steps for converting to maildir format.

With Regards,

Ramji

Repeat: it depends on the input format. If it's mbox format then Google brings up Converting Mbox mailboxes to Maildir format for "I'm Feeling Lucky". For other formats, try other searches. See further also mbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Procmail FAQ