Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just wanted to let some people know on what Red Hat can do.

After that I did get Red Hat up and running. IT WORKS GREAT!!!

HDK_MKR-

I dont exactly understand. It was a redhat upgrade disk? So you were upgrading from what version? to which version?

What did it do that you said your hard disk was corrupt? Did you have to replace the hard disk? Re-format?

The latest Redhat versiona are available from redhat.com. Thats probably the best place to get it, since in my experience librarys don't have the most up-to-date books (therefore, not up-to-date software).

I can't see that the installation of a Linux distro would truly corrupt a hard disk beyond repair.

Fdisking to remove the erroneous partitions, reinstating them again, and rebuilding filesystems on the partitions should bring the disk back to working order.

The latest "Red-Hat" version is now maintained by the Fedora team, who I believe have now released Core 2.

Head over to http://fedora.redhat.com for links to the ISO mirrors.

Peace
ZB

Thanks.

I had a Linux disk that I had gotten with a Quake game. Im not 100% on what version THAT Linux was, and I the disk isnt a UPGRADE DISK per-say, but it updated the version of linux that I had on the computer. I also dont know which version I was upgrading to.

Yes, I did have to replace my hard drive. Pain-in-the-ass it was!
Thanks for the reply, dangral!

I dont understand either, zazzybob, I was as confused as you are!