Recommended patchset for Solaris and the patch bundle

Hello
I recently downloaded and installed the latest patchset for Solaris 10 (update 5) running on SPARC.
Actually I am new to Solaris (I come from Red Hat) and the security department asked me to update the system for security fixes.
I logged in to Oracle support and used the recommended patch adviser. I downloaded a 2.5 GB file containing the latest (supposedly) patches available from Oracle for my OS , unziped it and installed it successfully.
When the security dept did a second assessment they found that a lot of vulnerabilities are still there! On a second search on Google i found
Patchset Solaris 10 1/13 SPARC Bundle which is also a 2.2 GB file.
Now should i download and apply this bundle? and what is the difference between this and the one i downloaded?

No. Update 5 refers to Solaris 10 05/08. This is quite old. You should consider updating your system to Solaris 10 1/13.

Yes, as fpmurphy says, you should apply the latest available patchset.

You come from the Red Hat world so here's a heads up......

The patchsets contain many hundreds of patches and your system will know which patches have already been applied and any duplicate patches in the patchset will be "skipped". Be prepared to see that.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks guys for your help. I downloaded and installed the patchset and the system is running properly.
Thanks again