Recommended Patch Cluster Using ZFS Snapshots

I have a question regarding installing recommended patch clusters via ZFS snapshots. Someone wrote a pretty good blog about it here:

Initial Program Load: Live Upgrade to install the recommended patch cluster on a ZFS snapshot

The person's article is similar to what I've done in the past. I've actually done this a few times before, but in this new situation I need to install the Recommended patch cluster to an alternative LU boot environment on a system that also contains zones which are on seperate ZFS pools (the zones are on on MPXIO ZFS LUNs).

The lucreate -p option only seems to have an option to specify one ZFS pool for the alternate boot environment.

I've also looked at the following from Oracle, but I still can't seem to find a clear answer for this:

Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 Installation Guide: Solaris Live Upgrade and Upgrade Planning - Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 Installation Guide: Solaris Live Upgrade and Upgrade Planning
Creating and Upgrading a Boot Environment When Non-Global Zones Are Installed (Tasks) - Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 Installation Guide: Solaris Live Upgrade and Upgrade Planning
Synopsis - man pages section 1M: System Administration Commands

Has anyone ever done a patch cluster to an alternative boot environment that contains zones in different ZFS pools? When I run the patch cluster I want it to be able to patch the zones while it does the global zone, just as if I were running it from single user.