Recent Changes To Forum ...

Hi all,
Have noticed that changes have been made to the forum's main page.
The number of new posts/threads is no longer active/visible.

Is this a tempoary amendment or a permanent one?
Whilst I can not speak for all, I actually refered to the missing line each time I logged on.

The line you are talking about is considered 'a hack' by vBulletin, not part of the supported distribution. So, when we had them and then vBulletin puts out a security patch or upgrade, the 'hacks' are all lost, overwritten by the vB upgrade.

So, we have to install the 'vb hacks' all over again! I was not planning on installing them because it takes lots of time... but since you like the "New Threads, New Posts" hack, then I will find time to reinstall it (again).... and again, and again :o

Installing vB hacks is really time consuming... and because you have to reinstall them each time you upgrade to a new vB release..... they really add a lot of time to forum upkeep.......

Thanks for the note... glad you liked that hack... since you do, I'll find time to reinstall for you. I liked that one too.... it is nice to know the number of new posts and threads each time you visit!! :wink:

OK, done in most forum themes..... thanks again for the note. Neo

BTW: I am working to integrate the vB portal into the site ..... http://www.phpportals.com/ there is a version that works with vBulletin.... so far, integration has been 'not the most fun thing I've ever done ...' :cool: