Re-enabling a locked root account on Trusted HP-UX

I knew I had had seen this somewhere:

Q: How can I re-enable my root account when I typed in my password wrong 3 times and the account got disabled?

A: When your HP-UX system is in the more secure "trusted system" mode, your account is automatically disabled after 
you have entered your password incorrectly 3 times in a row. At this point, even if you enter the correct password, 
you will not be allowed access into the account.

There are a few options to re-enable the account:

* If you have access to the system console you can login using the root account from the console (this will automatically 
       re-enable the account). Even when the account is disabled, login from the console will be allowed by default.
    * If you have another root account on the system, you can login using that account and reset the disabled user account using SAM.

To re-enable a disabled user account on the system using SAM:
         1. Select the �Accounts for users and groups� section.
         2. Select �users.�
         3. Select the user account that is disabled.
         4. With the disabled user account selected, go to the top of the screen and select �Actions.�
         5. Select �Reactivate� to reactivate the disabled account. 

While I was looking for the above information, I found this announcement: HP-UX security features supercede trusted mode. So I'm not sure how much longer the tip on re-enabling the root account will be useful. But I will this thread into our FAQ on recovering root passwords anyway. (Yes, I know the this "3 strikes and you're out" business isn't exactly a lost root password.)