RCP slow down and blocks login, telnet, rsh, etc on target server

Hello I have a LPAR AIX 6.1 on Power VM, Vio 2.2.3 and when I execute a rcp to this machine, I cant, simultaneosly, rlogin, telnet, rsh to this same LPARt. This commands stay hanged till the copy end, and Imeddiatlely the comand is executed (rlogin, telnet, rhs, etc).

Someone can give me a direction ?

Best Regards.
Artur

This might be a long shot, but it could be a network conflict. Is the file you are moving quite large? It is possible that there is a mismatch somewhere from the Network Interface Card (NIC) on one server and the NIC on the other. The usual place if between a server and the first switch it connects to. I've experienced this where one server thought it was running the NIC and 10Mb/Half Duplex and the switch had it forced to 100Mb/Full duplex. Normal on-line access was fine until we did an FTP, then not only did the FTP take ages, but users got broken responses sometimes getting partial screen updates/output.

Have a look at the output from both lsattr and entstat to see if you can spot anything immediate. For me, the output is:-

$ lsattr -El ent0|grep media_speed
media_speed     100_Full_Duplex Media Speed                                   True

$ entstat -d ent0|grep "Media Speed"
Media Speed Selected: 100 Mbps Full Duplex
Media Speed Running: 100 Mbps Full Duplex

You can also look at the full output from entstat and check for send/receive errors:-

$ entstat ent0
:
:
:
Transmit Statistics:                          Receive Statistics:
--------------------                          -------------------
Packets: 635901961                            Packets: 688206198
Bytes: 561574692124                           Bytes: 593068022749
Interrupts: 2                                 Interrupts: 602162336
Transmit Errors: 0                            Receive Errors: 14799
Packets Dropped: 0                            Packets Dropped: 0
                                              Bad Packets: 14799
:
:
:

There are some errors, but relative to the number of packets, it's insignificant. Check with the network team about the switch port settings and confirm that they all think that they're doing the same. We force our speeds to match as we have had some problems with auto-negotiate. Other people swear by auto-negotiate, so work out what is best for you.

I hope that this helps,
Robin