rare problem -reinstalling formatting nothing is working

i am not able to install solaris 10
i have installed solaris many times succesfully with wotking network
after that abrupt power failure i was never able to start solaris and neither install during install it hangs

IS IT PROBABLE THAT BIOS OR SOME OTHER SETTINGS RELATED TO HARDWARE IS DISTURBED ON POWER FAILURE
net and everything else is working properly on windows XP

even after fresh installation of fedora 7 x86_64 problem exist
such as on ssh it replies no router
using http it replies proxy refused connection

i have used fedora 7 for a month or over
and installed it succesfully many times
with net in working condition

i think my problem started as when
1) i tried to make my pc as DC++ hub on both solaris and fedora & i tried to setup network settings for hub, i was unable to setup DC++ hub properly it never started
2) Actually i have multi boot XP + fedora 7+ solaris 10. my ups did not worked that time and it restarted when solaris was running, that point on i was never able to recover my solaris it showed some hardware problems related to network, with out proper configuring devices solaris do not start.
fedora did start but network problem did existed afetr even i configure them properly . settings do not seem to change and network wont work

WHAT I DID..............

i tried to reinstall solaris but even after several attempt solaris is hanging out during install

i formatted solaris and fedora both

tried to install solaris but again it hanged during install

i installed the fedora with all right settings as i did had done several times
but net is not working
same problem do exist!!!!!

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED EVEN A FORMATTING AND REINSTALL IS NOT WORKING AND I COULD NOT INSTALL SOLARIS