Quota-problem

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with the quota's I've set on our HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800. Well not really with the quota's because I was able to set them and get them working without a problem but the problem resides somewhere with our AS/U (Advanced Server for HP9000 Release B.04.06.07 and RFC-NETBIOS Release B.04.10). I'm not able to get the quota's working under Windows. If a user would log in on the server to his homedirectory he is not able to put more than 5MB on his space. But if he logs in with a Windows pc (which is the normal procedure here) he can copy as much as he wants on the same homedirectory...

Anyone? :confused:

From this page:

So my guess is that you have this set to zero.

I've checked a few pc's and there is no pc which even has that registry value or the structure in the registry it requires (AdvancedServer/...)

Maybe you should look in the AS/U registry itself rather than looking at the client PC's registries. I have the uneasy feeling that you are not even aware of the existence of the AS/U registry. So I will point out the you must stop and restart the server for most registry changes to take effect.

Indeed, I thought you were talking about the client-pc's registry. The AS/U registry? But that is't located on a Windows-pc isn't it? I think you lost me there... The only place I know of where the AS/U is actually installed is on the Unix-server. I'm all really new to all of this :o If you don't mind could you point me out where to find the AS/U registry?
I'd like to apologize for my stupid questions, it's not that I haven't looked around but I really couldn't find it.
Thank you very much...

Read this book. Appendix A covers the registry.