Question about setting up an hdd for a videoserver

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
    You want to set up a hard drive for a videoserver under linux.
  • The videofiles will have a size of at least 10MB and a maximum of 8BG.
  • The hard drive has a disk space of 1TB.
  • You can choose one of the following block sizes: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024kB.

Which block size do you choose for the filesystem and what's the maximum number of I-Nodes you would need.

Additionally you also want to set up another filesystem for administrative data under the same conditions as above. The files have an average size of 150 Byte and the Filesystem is supposed to have a size of 100MB. Which block size do you choose.

1. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

2. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

I suppose the maximum amount of i-nodes for a 1TB hard drive is around 31M since there's 1 i-node created for every 32KB of space. But as for the block sizes, I have no idea what to choose. I imagine 1MB would work to not fragment the files too much.

Any help is much appreciated.

1. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):

University of Spplied Sciences, Trier, Germany, Systemadministration

Note: Without school/professor/course information, you will be banned if you post here! You must complete the entire template (not just parts of it).

You can't really say "there's an inode every 32kb" when you aren't told what filesystem is used.

For cluster sizes, you probably aren't off the mark. The number of inodes you will need is 1TB divided by 10MB.

The little filesystem is the opposite extreme, no point using clusters larger than the minimum.