Query about node activity

Hi,
im just trying to find my way out. can anyone tell me where do nodes keep their info about which other nodes they've interacted with and when? or just where do they store details about which nodes have exchanged info with them, which nodes do they interact with? are the contents of such file encrypted?
Thanks!!

Not in any standard way. You can get a tool that goes promiscuous on your LAN and watch it all go by, but there is no spec to save anything, just transfer. You can get some idea of who talks to who, locally, if you query arp cache, but that is different on every OS. Firewalls and proxy servers can log all activity passing through them, not entire messages but packet headers.

1 Like

is it possible that the arp cache could be 'cleaned' in case a node (meaning the user of the node) wanted not to disclose things about who it talks to & when, or maybe just change values in the cache??.... or maybe not.

---------- Post updated at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:28 AM ----------

any material/details on fast fluxing?

I suppose you could make an off-host promisquous logger to keep track, silently.

Fast flux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Probably meshes well with DNS Cache poisoning!

1 Like