Quad Fast Ethernet Card on Sparc 10?

I am having a problem getting my configuration to stick. After I installed my quad-card I did the following:

1. created hostname.qe0, hostname.qe1, hostname.qe2, hostname.qe3 files in my /etc directory.

2. In my /etc/hosts file I added the ip address of each interface and the name for each interface :
    216.32.55.67 ext
    65.3.2.1 dmz
    10.10.10.1 int
    172.1.1.1 net

3. In each hostname.qe file I added the hostname associated with each interface.

4. From a terminal I did the following:
    ifconfig qe0 216.32.55.67 up
    ifconfig qe1 65.3.2.1 up
    ifconfig qe2 10.10.10.1 up
    ifconfig qe3 172.1.1.1 up

***After I do all this it works fine

Have any of you ever run into this or am I doing anything noticibly
wrong? Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

I think you need to edit a file(s) in /etc/rc2.d to add the static
info. I don't have access to s SUN box at the moment
but I think it may have the name S168staticroute
but I can't be sure.

Did you make sure the hostname for each respective interface is contained in each hostname.qex file?

BTW... That is a Quad-Ethernet card. Quad-Fast Ethernet cards are identified as qfe. (Just in case you bought a card thinking it was qfe and not getting 100mbit)

The problem is that your ifconfig command puts the information into memory. This will hold until your either restart the services, or reboot.

To make the changes "stick" you will need to put the information into the config file.

For HP-UX that file is

/etc/rc.config.d/netconf

Post what OS you are using (if not HP-UX) and maybe someone
can let you know which file you need to edit.

For SUN, what I previously posted should get you going.

Hallo to everybody,
Sorry, but I need a quick info about the file to edit on SUN, under /etc to "stick" the info into the config file.
Thank you very much
Bye
Enzo:)

Create a file in /etc with the following type of info:

file name
hostname.hmex where x is the interface number
hostname.qfex
hostname.lex

You have to know which interface type you have - grep them from the dmesg command

contents of file
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx is your IP number OR
put the hostname in there but it must be /etc/hosts

Read the man pages for:
ifconfig
netmasks (section 4)
hosts (section 4)

Thk you i'll try, but for now I put a new Host name for the other eth, and it's work (it stay after reboot)
I have two eth under the same subnet and now I have problem to ping 2 switchs under the same subnet!!!! :confused:
Bye
Enzo