Python noob menu

Hey guys, literally just starting off on python, just making a simple menu based system to read/write files and delete a file to get used to calling functions and working with the file system etc.
For some reason the code won't write to the file I have on my system, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

All help or constructive criticism about how I'm going about this would be much appreciated.

import os

def writer_func():

file_targ=raw_input("Enter file path and name: ")
    texty=raw_input("Enter text: ")
    file_targ=str('file_targ')
    fob=open('file_targ','w')
    fob.write('texty')
    fob.close()
    print '%s' % texty

print "        Main Menu"
print "1) Write a file"
print "2) Read a file"
print "3) Delete a file"

main_menu=raw_input('Enter options [1-3] : ')

main_menu=int(main_menu)

if main_menu == 1:
    print ("You chose to write a file")
    writer_func()

elif main_menu == 2:
    print ("You chose to read a file")
    reader_func()

elif main_menu == 3:
    print ("You chose to delete a file")
    deleter

else:
    print ("Invalid choice")
    exit

I wrote a couple of comments:

Hi 3therk1ll...

I notice you are using a pre-version 3.x.x version of Python, 2.5.x to 2.7.x perhaps...

May I suggest you install a late version 3.x.x, as the syntax and function usages can
be much different, perhaps 3.3.x. (Note the latest alpha release is 3.4.0a3.)...

"print" is no longer a statement but a function for example and "raw_input" no longer
exists. These are but two examples...

Good luck with Python however as it is a superb language for general purpose use and
has an enormous number of libraries to use for just about every application one will
ever encounter...

EDIT:
Strange as it may seem however I have _dumped_ Python in preference to shell scripting...

My latest upload 4 weeks ago to code.activestate.com is here:-

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/578662-a-demo-to-show-how-to-write-text-into-the-python-t/?in=lang-python

Cheers mate, fixed it from that. Big help!