Public dns bind 9

Hi Friends,

I need help to understand how to publish my public dns to internet.
I have configured bind 9 on thel5 server and it working fine. My question is, as i donot want to expose my orginal hostname to outside and my zone files are configured with the NS recorde of the orginal hostname, how i can achive this?

original hostname = nameserver.example.com
ns recorde on the zone files = nameserver.example.com

Regards,
Arumon:)

Update your glue records at your register.

Not 100% understanding what you mean here. You are either going to publish your domain to the public or you are not. If you are not going to publish your domain to the public why do you need to know how this is done?

Thanks for reply.
Actully my dns server hostname is nameserver.example.com which is having a public ip address. When i am registering to the ISP i donot want to use the nameserver.example.com but ns01.example.com. Also want to configure the ns01.example.com on all the zone files. As it is not recommended to use the CNAME for the NS MX and SOA recordes how i can change the name to ns01.example.com for the public. Also I am facing some issue of accepting my new dns names on the ISP's configuration for two or three domains only. Please assist.

Regards,
Arumon

Then make the changes in your zone files for the NS records to read ns1.example.com and ensure you have an A record in the zone for them.

Same as before just update your zone file.

You should talk with your ISP about this problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I changed all my zone files for SOA and NS entries. All are now configured to use ns01.example.com. Also created a A recorde and PTR recorde for ns01.example.com. I hope this will not be a issue if i didnot added a A recorde for the original hostname.

I did a testing of my configuration of new server which gives an error reference to RFC2181 5.4.1 . Can you please me on this.

Regards,
Aravind

OK, you need to start posting the zone files so that I can see what you did or didn't do along with the complete error.
If you don't want to post them publicly then please send them via PM.