PSU is bad?

Hello,

When reviewing the messages log today I noted something odd, so I ran:

/usr/lib/osa/bin/healthck -a

and the response noted Failed Power Supply. Sure enough the light on the PSU is amber. Uh oh...

In an effort to see if I can figure out what kinds of PSU we have, I found a helpful thread (on this site, of course) but the output from TheHogHunter's 7.21.2003 suggestion notes that the power supplies status are all 'OK' - I used:

/usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v 

As a pretty notice UNIX fellow (I'm a sql server db guy, sorry!) what else can I do to see what might be the culprit, or confirm if I need a new PSU?

Do PSUs get old like batteries and complain when they get old? Can someone push me in the right direction?

Thanks!

-Matt G.

I cannot tell what version you have. If your box was manufactured after 2005 try:

# become root first
# issue this command.
fmadm faulty
1 Like

This box is old...

# fmadm faulty                                             
ksh: fmadm:  not found                                     
#                                                          
# uname -a                                                 
SunOS maggie 5.8 Generic_117350-46 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

is this what you are asking for?

---------- Post updated at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:59 PM ----------

More:

System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Enterprise 450 (2 X UltraSPARC-II 400MHz)

---------- Post updated at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:00 PM ----------

Oh man... nevermind. It is the powersupply on the A1000 disk array thingy... not the main box, per se.

Thanks anyway! :slight_smile:

1 Like