Programming parallel for C++ and Python application

I am looking to have a C++ and Python application developed using the processing power of at least one GPU.
We are already using Boost, so Boost.MPI comes to mind.
We already have some experience in developing C++ applications for multi-core CPUs by using threading.
However, since we have not developed sufficient expertise in MPI, we were wondering if a Python solution would be more appropriate, because it will give the developers a better understanding of what the code does. In such a case something like mpi4py would come to mind.

Of course having a GPU specifically for simulation purposes could mean that something like PyOpenCL may be even better.
I mention "simulation", because the machine will be calculating variations on what is largely the same problem, ie not be a general purpose machine.

So in summary:
1- For raw processing speed with a multi-core CPU and a GPU, would a openCL solution or Boost.MPI solution be recommended?
2- Should the Python solution be used only for high level functionality, such as handling data upon return, or does Python compromise speed too much?

What you have basically in both Boost and mpi4py is just embedded Openmpi.
IMO since mpi is straightforward (mostly just pragmas) in C/C++ you can tweak things
merely by either recompiling with -D to define some things or actually read in command line arguments.

See here for libraries and documentation:
Open MPI: Open Source High Performance Computing

Thank you for your response. What this likely will come down to is setting up the core multi-core calculations in Boost and do some post-processing in Python. The post-processing will take place at a higher level (ie user) and is likely to be more prone to changes.

I am getting concerned that our compiled Boost-code is getting bloated. We will be experimenting with basic C++ functions as if there was only one core and no Boost, then add MPI pragmas to the C++ code and finally add user functionality (screens, post-processing etc) in Python.