production server won't start please help me!

if anyone can help me here I will be in debt eternaly. I'm in a spot here fearing for my job.

I tried to install a new scsi array on our E5500. I powered it down correctly, removed the terminator, connected the array and powered it on. It was taking so long to come up I freaked out and powered it off again. Disconected the array, reconnected the terminator and powered back on. Again took forever to come up but. Is now complaining about metainit: no existing databases. Looks like it sees the drives though and says they are stable. But is not coming the rest if the way up. Sits timed out looking for NIS.

I'm doing this from a phone so please bear with me.

Please help I am shaking with fear here.

this is something that won't be solved remotely... there is so much else to know for doin the job... maybe some tips:

• check from obp access to disks (probe-scsi-all)
  • boot to single-user-mode (boot -s)
  • check disks from solaris (format)
  • check /var/adm/messages for errors

good luck,
DN2

It was just hung on nis. It got its domain and finaly came up. Crisis averted.

Lost 10 years off my life today. I'm going back home to bed.

Thank you very much for the response any way.

nexttiem, never panic! Just ask anyone from your team or inform your team lead / manager. Not knowing something wont hurt your job...its your response that could impact your job. The faster yoru response/communication, the better it is!
There will always be new scenarios and issues in life as well as at work. So never panic rather choose a smart response.
Good luck :wink: