Processor Compatibility Mode

Hi,

IBM documentation says the CPU Compatibility Mopde can be changed from th HMC in LPAR properties, but i have no option to change it there, it is only displayed. Anyone?

Regards, firefox111

What p/POWER technology are you using?
Maybe this chapter helps:
Processor compatibility modes

See the different matrixes in the links below.
Is the HMC and VIO version up-to-date?

I know this site, but it does not say how to change the mode.
I'm using Power7 (8233-E8B) and the LPAR is in P6 Compatibility Mode. I need to switch it to P7 Compatibility Mode.

---------- Post updated at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:54 PM ----------

I also have a test environment with HMC 7.5.0 and p710/p720 with AL740_088.

i do not have an hmc for a screen shot. it may be all you need to do is shutdown, not reboot -and restart.

did the partition arrive via live partition mobility from a power6? if so, the shutdown/activate will automatically change to power7 mode.

to change it manually, effective at next activation - not reboot - iirc it is changed via the partition properties dialog. can also be done at command line, but i do not the command. that will be something like "chsyscfg -m ... -r lpar ...."

hope this helps!

Might sound stupid, but have you been in the correct place ie. in the profiles definition?

From some documentation:

There is some steps in it, that might help to identify the problem:
Verifying the processor compatibility mode of the mobile partition

Have no HMC at hand like Michael, sorry.

OK, I got it.
For some reason the profile I checked before does not have the processors tab. I created another one now and it works. Thanks for your help.

:wink: another happy customer :wink: