Process on a specified Terminal and Socket Port does not start

Hi,
I new to AIX, and I have been using Rocket UniData in it. I had to set up a Process for Data Exchange by assigning a unique Terminal and a Socket Port to that process. I ran the process for the first time and it was successful and after use I stopped the process. Now when I want to run it again, the process won't start. This is issue I am facing right now, which means I am not again able to run that process again once I have stopped it. I can get this process running for one more time only when I set an another unused terminal to that process. But after changing then, it will only run for 1 time and then stop and will never run again for every terminal. Where did I go wrong? :confused:

Without seeing your code so we know what you actually did there isn't any easy way for us to guess.

Please show us your code (in CODE tags) so we have a chance to help you.

Hey Don, Thanks for the reply.
By setting up the Process, what I meant was like setting Controls (setting up terminal, assigning ports for the process and adding channel controls for the process to communicate) in UniData and not writing code for the process. The previous day, what I found was that whenever I logoff the process all the Control Settings that I have previously set up was erased. This is why my process doesn't start the next time I try to logon. So any idea why this happens?

You are doing things to set up your environment before running Rocket UniData. That is coding. I have no idea what Rocket UniData is used for (although I assume that you aren't designing inertial guidance systems for ICBMs), but it probably doesn't matter for this discussion.

If you are saying that you have a script that works to set up an invocation of Rocket UniData to work on one terminal and socket port, but it doesn't work on another terminal and/or socket port, that would make sense... But if you won't show us what you're doing and be much more forthcoming about what is going wrong, there isn't much we can do to help.

If you're saying that you login to AIX and set up an environment from which you can run Rocket UniData invocations, but it doesn't work after you have logged out; that would also make sense. Unless you do something to your login startup scripts to setup the variables in your environment every time you login, you will have to manually set up your environment every time you login or build the manual steps you perform to setup that environment into your scripts that start Rocket UniData invocations. But, again, if you aren't willing to show us what code you use to set up the needed environment and aren't willing to show us the code you use to start a Rocket UniData invocation, there isn't much we can do to guess at what might be needed.

I don't have an AIX system handy for my reference and I don't feel like buying a Rocket UniData license to try to figure out what you haven't told us. But, I hope some of the comments above will give you an idea of where to start.