procedure to change hostid of Sun server

Hello Everybody

I would like to know that I have configure the OS & other application on the SunFire V440 server

1) If suppose no hostid base software install in that v440 server & if some problem comes in the motherboard of that server. If I remove the harddisk ( on which Solaris & other appication is lying) of that failed server & put that harddisk on that another V440 server having same hardware configuration as of failed server. Will my OS & other appication run successfully on this new server.

2) If suppose hostid base software installed on that v440 server & if some problem comes in the motherboard of that server. If I remove the harddisk ( on which Solaris & other appication is lying) of that failed server & put that harddisk on that another V440 server having same hardware configuration as of failed server.
(A) I want to know the procedure of how to change the hostid
of New SunFire V440 server so that it will have that same
hostid as of my failed V440 server ( Here I am talking about
software procedure)
(B) If suppose I am changing the motherboard in that case what
are the things do I have to do, so that it will have the same hostid
as of my failed motherboard. As I know that if I change that
motherboards hostid will also change. ( Here I am talking about
Hardware procedure)

Regards

Sorry, I was FE SUN enginner for 7 years and in my experience, for the old Ultra's family servers exist one internal procedure for change the hostid, but never was released one procedure for change the hostid in Sunfire family servers.

When I did replace one NVram or System Board and the customer have apllications with licenses that need hostid, normally the customer request a new license.

I hope that you find one procedure for this

Simply keep the the idprom/nvram and swap it with the one on the other server. For reference purposes, it is possible to make this appear to happen in software without using the nvram but since there are legailities involved I am not going to give any information about how to do that.

Thanks for the reply

Please help me in finding out the reply of my first question also

Regards

check this out: How to change the HostID?--SunFire880